At Epic, we are committed to making our platform accessible to all users, including those with visual and hearing impairments. Our platform has built-in feature(s) that enhance accessibility:
- Speech-to-text search (iOS only): Allows users to search for books or topics using voice commands.
- Read-To-Me books: Professionally recorded narration reads aloud while the book plays. Pages turn automatically and words are highlighted as they’re read aloud. Readers can adjust the play-back speed.
- Audiobooks: Professionally recorded narration reads the book aloud. Unlike Read-To-Me books, audiobooks are strictly audio—there is no visual book or pages to follow along with. Listeners can adjust the play-back speed.
In addition, we recommend exploring third-party apps available on both Apple and Google platforms. Here are a few apps and/or features for each platform that can address visual and hearing accessibility needs:
For Apple Users:
- VoiceOver (iOS): Built-in screen reader on iOS devices that provides spoken feedback to help users with visual impairments navigate and interact with their devices and apps.
- Seeing AI (iOS): Designed to assist individuals with visual impairments. It can identify objects, read documents, recognize faces and more through the power of artificial intelligence.
- Be My Eyes (iOS): Connects visually impaired users with sighted volunteers through video calls, enabling them to get assistance with various tasks in real-time, enhancing their independence.
For Google Users:
- TalkBack (Android): Android screen reader that provides spoken feedback and navigation assistance to users with visual impairments, making it easier for them to interact with their devices and apps.
- Google Live Transcribe (Android): Transcribes spoken words into text in real-time, assisting individuals with hearing impairments by providing a written record of conversations and spoken content.
- Sound Amplifier (Android): Designed to improve the listening experience for users with hearing difficulties. It enhances audio quality and reduces background noise, making conversations and media more accessible.
By exploring these recommended apps alongside Epic's built-in accessibility features, you can create a more inclusive and accessible learning environment for all users. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com.