At this time, there is not an option to add a collection to a collection, only singular books can be added to collections. However, if you see a community-created collection you’d like in your own Epic Library, you can ‘Copy’ a pre-made collection which would then give you the ability to add additional books to it and assign to your students!
Here are the steps to copy a collection into your Library, add books to it, and send it as an Assignment to your students:
STEP A: Copy a collection to your Library
- Select the collection that you would like to add to your Library
- At the top of the screen, click the ‘Edit’ button > In the pop-up window, you are (optionally) able to update the collection name and description > Save
- Go back into your "My Library" tab and you will find your saved collection under the "collection" tab. At that point, you will be able to assign to your students.
STEP B: Add titles to the collection
- When viewing a book, select the heart icon to favorite or add it to an existing collection. (If you're using the app, click tap the icon next to the heart that looks like two pages with a +)
- In the pop-up window, select the collection you want to add the book to. You can also select 'Create New Collection'. (You can add to multiple books at the same time)
- Click the 'X' to close the pop-up, and you'll see a notification that the book was added. (If you're using the app, you'll tap "Add Book" instead of clicking the 'X')
STEP C: Assign the collection to your students:
- Select your ‘My Library’ tab, and click on 'Collections'
- From the ‘Collections’ tab, select ‘Assign’ next to the desired collection
- Your class Roster will appear in a pop-up window. From there, check-off the individual students you would like to send this Assignment to or click ‘Select All’
- Click the ‘Assign’ button. Assignments will then be visible to those students within their Mailbox